Saturday, August 6, 2016

8/6/16

From Jan:

I'm sorry we haven't posted anything for a while. My family and I needed time to process the news we've been receiving.
Long story short, I'm not a candidate for a bone marrow transplant.  There is just a 10% or less chance that it might slow down he growth of my very aggressive cancer.  The transplant team told me that I have just weeks, maybe months to live.  I'm still going through chemo to try to slow down the growth.  I am currently recovering from my 2nd session of R-ICE chemo. It is very powerful and dangerous chemo. It's hard on my kidneys and my blood, so I have had a few blood transfusions lately.  The most sessions I can have is 4, IF I can tolerate the side effects and IF the cancer doesn't continue to grow.  My understanding is that a 5th session of R-ICE would kill me.

So, our family is planning on spending as much time together as possible while we can. We'll take lots of pictures and try to make as many memories as we can.

Yesterday through Monday are my roughest days this round. I'm nauseated and very tired. However, I still feel well enough to fix something simple to eat and clean up after myself so don't worry too much about me. I'm currently not in pain, so thats good.  Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jan. Our thoughts and prayers are witb you and your family. I live and admire your courage. Char Norton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jan. Our thoughts and prayers are witb you and your family. I live and admire your courage. Char Norton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan I am so sorry to hear this.. The only thing is maybe Scott needs you to complete a mission with him..I am so sorry...I pray you have comfort and that you will have peace.. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan I am so sorry to hear this.. The only thing is maybe Scott needs you to complete a mission with him..I am so sorry...I pray you have comfort and that you will have peace.. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, you don't really know me. I am one of Kaitlyn's old roommates (she is really wonderful!). I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family and you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete