Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17, 2016



Today Jan really began to feel the exhaustion associated with the chemo.
Originally she blamed the exhaustion in being woken up periodically through the night but after trying to get ready this morning she was wiped out.
Given how tired she is, anyone who wants to visit, please try to keep that in mind.

She said she has felt lucky since she hasn't felt nausea or sickness yet and was patting herself on the back on her toughness, but learned that they've been giving her great anti nausea and pain medication his whole time. She's a little disappointed she's not superwoman after all.

The nurses told her that she'll feel the worst and start losing hair about 10 days after starting chemo which she's anticipating being this next Thursday.

She says:
I've had some fun visits over the past 2 days.  Thanks Rebecca Turpin, LeAnn Bird, Karen Erickson, Matt and Belinda, and my in- laws for coming over and spoiling me. Thank you Sandy Crockett and Keller Williams for the amazing goodie bag- I love it!  And I just got the most beautiful flowers - thanks Kristi McDonald!  I feel loved and supported.

I am missing going to work, and my co workers.  I'd like to get back to my normal routine, sleep in my own bed and putter around my own house, but still have to stay here for a couple more days. I want to talk to Gordon about a laptop I can get so I can work a little from the hospital next time. I want to meet the new agents who have joined while I've been gone. I am whining- sorry. 



Once again we'd like to thank everyone for their continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment