Wednesday, May 25, 2016

5/25/16

From Jan:

Today I'm doing amazing considering I'm in my three predicted low days.  I give credit to that to the IV fluids and to knowing what not to do from last months experience.

Yesterday I woke up weak and shaking and feeling "off."  I hooked up the home IV drip that is attached to a backpack, and tried to drink lots of water.  It was a tough day till around 3pm when all the fluids started kicking in.  Drinking Gatoraid helped with electrolytes so I'm drinking that instead of so much water today.  

It has been suggested to me that in all our efforts to keep me from getting sick from visitors, I have robbed my friends and loved ones from feeling like they can contact me or do something for me that I need.  When this whole situation began, I was getting a lot of calls and texts, but was in lots of pain and distress so I couldn't deal with anything more than family.  But this second round of chemo is going better.  So new rules.

So...I'm happy to have visitors who haven't had colds or been exposed to something. Bring a sports drink that has electrolytes- I'm out of Gatoraid (hint) and need more, or you can bring a protein drink from the Protein Foundary (tell them to replace the whey protein with plant protein.). Call first, so I can confirm I'm still felling good, but I really look forward to seeing people.

I am eating small meals of protein per dr orders.  I could use meals along those lines.  We were thinking about ordering Cafe Ganesh Indian food for dinner tonight, and my sweet friend Devi is bringing enchiladas Friday night, but it's nice not to think about what I'm up to fixing for meals.  Please remember I'm extremely allergic to milk, so no products that have milk or cream - no cream based soups, sour cream etc.  

My sister-in-law is here babysitting me till Friday (also doctors orders that I'm not alone), so she is making sure I eat and that visitors use hand sanitizer.  I'm in pj's today but I'd love to have a visitor or two to break up our boredom of television all day, so if you're ok with me dressed casually please call or text.


Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment